Quality Jollity Logo
  BIO PROPERTIES ANIMATION MUFFHUGGER TV    CONTACT

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just when I think I can't get worse.


Marvel is actually paying me to think of the most fucked-up shit I can create. Granted, A ton of stuff got censored out of my most recent issue, but I still can't believe that I'm getting away with shit that's about as obnoxious as my indie stuff. And it's for Disney. What's great is, Dave Lapham usually writes something sick and un-PC, which I then try to top when creating the imagery. So far I've learned that Marvel will allow close-ups of turds, penises and asses, but will censor religious imagery and certain sexual positions. Seriously, they told me it wasn't the fucking that got me in trouble, it was the position. Of course I'm allowed to depict as much violence as I want.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just picked up the latest Deadpool. Great work.

Can't wait to see what's next!

James M

Anonymous said...

..and that Illo is brilliant!

James M

Nick Jones said...

Come now, you can't leave people hanging by not saying what specific "religious imagery" and "certain sexual positions" didn't make the cut. Seeing what is deemed by editorial to be too deviant for a book graphically displaying feces, buttocks, and genitalia is sociologically important, and probably extremely amusing.

Bruce Castle said...

So, will we soon see close-ups of nipples and boobs? Because that's what's really missing. Nipples and boobs.

But that's really interesting. It'd be nice to read the details of what was censored, maybe in the eventual collection.

And great job on #2, by the way. I also read Truth this week, and it was nice to see the comparison.

Christopher said...

Deadpool, having conquered the 4th Wall, is obviously taking his sledge hammer of insanity to break political correctness.