Quality Jollity Logo

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Photos from San Diego Comic-Con 2008

It was cool to meet Isaiah Bradley, AKA Black Cap, a character I co-created with Bob Morales for Marvel.
I also met my old buddy Plastic Man. My son Isaac is a Lego fiend, so I thought he'd enjoy seeing Batman, Indy, and Star Wars six-foot tall figures made of Legos.

My favorite moment, though, has to be when I sat down at the Watson-Guptill booth for my second signing of HOW TO DRAW STUPID.
"I've got bad news, Kyle," said one of the editors, looking perturbed.
"Damn, what's wrong?"
"We sold out of your book."
"What's the bad news?" I laughed. I sat down and autographed other books and did sketches for fans who showed up anyway.
I'm a lucky guy.

My pal Jeff posted a lot of neat photos as well! See them at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/royalflushmagazine/2715805266/in/set-72157606443845246

1 comment:

Craig Zablo said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!