Quality Jollity Logo
  BIO PROPERTIES ANIMATION MUFFHUGGER TV    CONTACT

Thursday, March 08, 2007

NAT TURNER VOL.2 IN STORES NOW!




Yes, children, no more shall you cry in the wilderness, "How long, Lord, How long?" For Kyle Baker has descended from the mountaintop bearing the second and final paperback in the Nat Turner series! This book contains the previously unpublished 3rd and 4th chapters of the comic book, and is now available from IMAGE COMICS.

Subscribers copies are being mailed out this weekend from Kylebaker.com, so let me know if you've moved!

Check out the first online review we found of NAT TURNER Vol.2: REVOLUTION here, from Don MacPherson at eyeoncomics.com

For those fans who wrote in asking if the individual single-chapter comic books were still available, they are not. Here's why;

See, the first two issues were originally published in an affordable format which provided 48 pages to readers for the unheard-of price of $3.00. That's more than twice the page count of your average DC or Marvel book. I thought it was a good value for the reader, even though it meant less profit for me...but I've learned never to second-guess the fans. Fans disliked the $3 format.
It wasn't just that one guy, either.
Here's another. Fans everywhere were demanding that I publish the book in a more expensive format, on better paper. Well, folks, the customer is always right, and I quickly changed the format to a better quality paper and binding, and ceased production of the cheaper edition.

Next year, we're planning an even more expensive edition, so you may want to buy the paperbacks now, since it's the last time you'll be able to get this story at this price. That's a promise from the owner.

Speaking of ownership, I LOVE the little TM symbol that now appears next to the NAT TURNER logo. I've trademarked a human! You might even say I've (ahem) RE-BRANDED Nat Turner.

1 comment:

f_state said...

That is damn fascinating; I've thought for a while now that the big two publishers would be better off providing cheaper (newsprint) comics in convenience stores - hook the kids, as it were. I guess it doesn't work so well with your audience. Damn shame.

Thanks for your work, btw. I couldn't care less if it was printed on toilet paper, so long as I get to read it once.