Quality Jollity Logo
  BIO PROPERTIES ANIMATION MUFFHUGGER TV    CONTACT

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Life is GREAT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ!


Monday was the birthday of the super amazing Liz Glass! I would have posted this earlier, but I took a day off from work to make her an animated birthday card.
Liz loved it so much, she insisted we share it with the rest of you.

Thanks to everybody who came to New York Comic Con! We had a blast! Because it was in New York, my family was able to come and see that I do indeed have a job! Liz met Chuck D from PUBLIC ENEMY! Their NEW WORLD ODOR CD is terrific! PE's got a new comic, too, so cop it!

One of Lillian's four comic books sold out, and

GOOD LORD! (CHOKE) MY FAVORITE COMIC BOOK OF ALL TIME IS COMING BACK!


People always ask me what comics I loved as a kid, and I have to say "It's EC for me!" I got my first TALES FROM THE CRYPT book at age 10, and from then on I was hooked. For me, it was the comic book equivalent of the Alfred Hitchcock TV show, which I also adored. I used to read TALES FROM THE CRYPT to my younger siblings, Cheryl and Edwin. Family entertainment for sure. My seven-year old brother especially loved "Foul Play", a Jack Davis illustrated tale of a murderous baseball player who is punished by dismemberment. His vengeful teammates play baseball with his body parts, using the arms and legs as bats to hit his head, which is pitched as a ball. Home plate was the guy's heart, and the baselines were his intestines. I read this to a seven-year old, and he grew up to be a Sundance award-winning screenwriter! TALES FROM THE CRYPT IS LIKE MOZART FOR YOUR CHILDREN! ORDER IT NOW!

BONUS! MARVEL ROMANCE COMIC!
Here's a cool one. Someone posted a cartoon I rewrote for Marvel recently.

7 comments:

Elayne said...

Happy belated birthday, Liz! Sorry I missed you (and Lillian) at the con, but as Kyle will attest I bought all three of Lillian's comics. :)

CHERYL BAKER said...

Yes Kyle - I remember you readng us FOUL PLAY! But what you forgot to mention is that you told us that the story was called GUT BALL!!!!!!! And wasn't there also a story about an evil man whose eyes got replaced with shoe buttons by an avenging teddy bear???

Kyle Baker said...

Yes, that story was called "Shoe Button Eyes," it was illustrated by a man who signed his name simply "Ghastly". His real name was Graham Ingels. His drawings always looked moldy and disgusting, like a horror story should.

CHERYL BAKER said...

Okay! If you're so smart, Mr. Memory -- what was the name of the story set in a vampire nightclub that served blood which came pouring out of faucets that were stuck into the neck's of vampire victims? HUH? HUH??? And Ghastly was awesome - people always did look like they were rotting away when he illustrated tbem!

Anonymous said...

Loving the blog. Wish Chuck could have come by to meet you. It was great meeting Liz. Hope you enjoy the comic.
P.E.ace!

Adam Wallenta

Liz Glass said...

Hi Elayne!
I am sorry that I missed you at NYCC! Thank you for the bday wishes, and for buying Lillian's comic. Comic Mix NYCC coverage was grand.
More later,
Liz

Liz Glass said...

Hi Adam!
Great meeting you, too! Thank you for the comic and CD. They are both awesome. Kyle would've LOVED to have met Chuck; he is a huge PE fan. Next year?
Take care,
Liz